A Parent’s Resource Guide to Fostering Leadership Skills in Kids.
Every parent dreams of raising confident, strong kids who are able to go after what they want in life. You can help pave your children’s path to success by teaching them leadership skills early on.
Instill confidence in kids with positive affirmations that they say every day.
● Teach little ones active listening—another trait of a good leader—by playing listening games and encouraging them to ask follow-up questions.
● Encourage little ones to hone their speaking skills, for example, by using proper phrasing like “excuse me” when they want something.
● Help kids identify positive role models who can inspire their own brand of leadership.
Help Little Ones Implement Leadership Skills in Everyday Life.
Try these tools to help kids put what they learn into practice.
Here are some resources to help
● Encourage kids to participate in class through active learning strategies.
● Consider signing your kids up for team sports, which can help them become leaders amongst their peers.
● Music is another great activity that kids can use to practice leadership skills.
● Try these great games to get kids to practice their leadership skills.
Set a Positive Example by Honing Your Own Leadership Skills
You are your child’s first role model. Show them what true leadership looks like.
● Embrace continuing education to go after your dreams. For example, you can earn your master degree with technology to open up career opportunities.
● If you’re struggling with your own confidence or leadership abilities, consult a
professional like Leila Justice, aka the Gratitude Queen, for help.
● Hone leadership skills like communication by joining organizations like Toastmasters.
● Implement other best practices for being a positive role model, like showing respect.
Teaching your child leadership skills now can help them become confident
tips above to help your little ones find their voice.